Whilst the largest part of our practice at Walmer Veterinary Clinic involves companion animal care, we also see horses and cattle regularly.
We offer modern facilities for medicine, surgery and reproduction studies for domestic and exotic pets.
Some of the services offered at Walmer Veterinary Clinic.
- General veterinary consultations and clinical examinations
- We offer extended consulting hours and our clients have the choice to see a vet most suited to the specific problem/patient.
- Detailed case work-ups, including laboratory tests, x-rays and ultrasound examinations – With more demanding cases we are fully equipped to examine cases with the use of our in-house facilities or referral laboratories
- Vaccination, deworming and microchip implants – This can all be done as part of a normal consultation
- Basic and advanced surgery – includes sterilisations. We have a fully equipped modern theatre and prep room.
- Hospitalisation for cases that needs to stay over
- Reproduction assistance, including artificial insemination with fresh, chilled and frozen semen.
- Eye medicine and surgery. Eye cases are more often than not emergencies. Early correct treatment is key to a good result
- Dentistry – We are fully equipped to perform preventative and other dentistry.
- Second opinion consultations
- Referral options to specialists – We will not hesitate to discuss this option with you if we think that your pet will benefit from it
- Vetshop at the practice. Our vetshop is large, client-friendly and well stocked.
- Puppy classes – Rita is passionate about her puppy class. This is for free, very beneficial and loads of fun.
- After hours service - simply phone the switch board
- Farm animal and equine call out service. Our vets are experienced in large animal practice